Venice Energy is getting ready to start construction on its $320m Outer Harbor LNG Project. As one of Australia’s first LNG import terminals, the Project will open the global gas market to south-eastern Australia – improving energy security and providing dispatchable power to support the state’s world leading renewable energy sector.
Earlier this year, Venice Energy established its project delivery vehicle, Venice Regas.
Since then, Venice Regas has made significant progress on the Project, which is on-track to commence construction before the end of 2024.
Final Terminal User Agreements (TUA)
- The Federal Government’s decision to exempt imported LNG from price caps on domestic gas production has led to significantly increased interest from multiple parties on a TUA with Venice Regas.
- Venice Regas is continuing to progress its negotiations for the terminal.
- The recommended terminal agreement is expected to be approved by the Venice Energy Board by the end of Q3 2023, with an executed TUA expected shortly after.
Contract awards and tenders
- All major construction contracts are currently being finalised to support terminal operations commencing by early 2026.
- The dredging contract is expected to be awarded in September, with further contracts to follow ahead of site works commencing in November.
- Currently, Venice Regas is conducting a tender process for the commissioning and operational readiness of the terminal, which has received interest from both local and international organisations.
- Discussions are continuing with both a South Australian company and a major international party to contract the ongoing operation of the gas and pipeline infrastructure.
Key positions open
- Venice Regas is seeking to fill key positions on the Outer Harbor LNG Project.
- Priority positions include Project Manager (Early Construction Phase and Civil works) and Engineering Manager (2-Year Contract).
- Join a small, agile team and make a big impact on our shared vision to deliver energy security solutions to Australia and beyond.
- As well as the Outer Harbor LNG Project, we’re looking to develop other creative energy solutions that enable a more rapid transition to a low-carbon economy. Learn more about us.
- Position descriptions and the application process are now open!
- Learn more about the Project or why we are a great place to work.